A village where Hindu, Muslims together enact RamlilaOctober 8th, 2008 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Oct 8 (IANS) In a bid to strengthen communal harmony, Hindu and Muslim youths in a village in Bihar together participated in the Ramlila celebrations. Asif Ali Khan, a Muslum youth, performed in Ramlila along with Hindus in Sagraon village in Buxar district, some 130 km from here, during the ongoing Dussehra festivities.
“We performed together to spread the message of peace, harmony and victory of good over evil,” Khan said.
It has been a tradition in the village for Hindus and Muslims to enact the drama that tells the story of Lord Ram’s victory over demon king Ravana.
Khan said that Hindus and Muslims have been living in the village like brothers for decades.
“It is a unique example of brotherhood among the two communities,” said Brajesh Pandey, a villager.
Shamim Khan, another villager said that Hindus also joined them in celebrating Eid that concluded earlier this month.
- Durga Puja, Navratri festivities conclude - it's Dussehra! - Oct 06, 2011
- When marriage turns Ram into Ravan - Oct 13, 2010
- Dussehra being celebrated throughout India - Oct 17, 2010
- Here Ravana worshipped on Dussehra! - Oct 05, 2011
- Muslims fund, organise this Ramlila - Oct 04, 2011
- PM, Sonia, Ansari attend Dussehra function - Oct 06, 2011
- Nine-day navaratri festivities culminate in joyous Dussehra - Sep 28, 2009
- 185-foot Ravana goes up in smoke in Haryana village - Oct 06, 2011
- On Dussehra, kill evil within you: Bollywood to fans - Oct 06, 2011
- Ravana in high demand on Dussehra for different reasons - Oct 17, 2010
- Allahabad procession to honour Ravana - Oct 04, 2010
- At 175 feet, Ambala claims it has tallest Ravana - Sep 28, 2009
- Haryana, Punjab see tallest, revolving Ravans - Oct 17, 2010
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Muslims design effigies of Ravana, convey a message of communal amity - Sep 24, 2009