A sweet factory where 61 couples are in loveFebruary 12th, 2012 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 12 (IANS) A factory in Britain that produces heart-shaped, sugar-coated sweets has a total of 500 employees, of which 122 — or 61 couples — are in a relationship.
The Swizzels Matlow factory in Derbyshire that makes “Love Hearts” has been dubbed the country’s most romantic workplace, according to the Daily Mail.
The company said one in every four workers at its factory is in a relationship with another employee.
The company makes 200 million Love Hearts every year, with each one featuring messages like “I Love you” or “All mine”.
“One couple even used to pass Love Hearts down the production line to each other before they got chatting in the canteen. Love Hearts clearly inspire romance,” said Jeremy Dee, director of the company.
He, however, said the figures were not deliberately released around Valentine’s Day as a “cynical ploy” to sell more sweets.
“I think it’s a lovely story that so many people met here,” he said.
- Baking love - with truffles and tiramisu! - Feb 10, 2011
- Meet the 12yr-old Brit boy who has landed the world's sweetest job - May 11, 2009
- Almost half of couples actually break up on Valentine's Day - Feb 14, 2011
- Himachal strawberries reap fruits of love! - Feb 12, 2011
- Love sells -- Valentine's Week is Rs.12,000 cr business - Feb 13, 2011
- Pamper your loved one direct 'dil se', suggests Sky (TV Snippets) - Feb 13, 2012
- Cash-splurging Brits 'the most romantic Europeans' - Feb 14, 2011
- Will you be my Valentine? - Feb 09, 2010
- A Chinese couple breaks up with flowers - Jun 24, 2011
- Space factory worker held for making weapons - May 31, 2012
- Moral brigades to keep off this Valentine's Day - Feb 12, 2012
- Workspace happiness is new corporate credo: Mind guru Rekha Shetty - Jun 15, 2011
- Moral brigades not to play spoilsport on Valentine's Day (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Valentine's Day: Cupid strikes in Pakistan - Feb 14, 2011
- Stress of unemployed spouse can affect job performance of other spouse - Feb 23, 2011