A shampoo called Jan LokpalDecember 28th, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 28 (IANS) As Anna Hazare Wednesday vowed to continue his fight for a strong Lokpal bill, a man came along explaining the difference between the draft legislations of Team Anna and the government in a lighter vein - by selling a shampoo.
Thirtyfour-year-old Hitesh Chavan works for a courier company. But for a change he has turned into a salesman for a shampoo called Jan Lokpal.
“This shampoo by Team Anna costs Re.00 and removes all germs called corruption,” he said, pointing to a shampoo bottle and then to a big mosquito made of a cloth bag.
“If you bathe with this shampoo, you need not go to the sacred river Ganga to wash your sins,” Chavan said while seated at one corner of the MMRDA ground in suburban Mumbai where Hazare held his agitation for a strong Lokpal.
“This shampoo will ensure you are free from the germs of corruption,” he added.
Flashing the bottle to the public gathered around him, Chavan said: “I have been trying to sell this shampoo for six months now, but there have been no takers.”
He later showed another bottle and said that even Jan Lokpal faces competition.
“This is another shampoo by G.I. Limited (Government of India) which has been launched in the market since Tuesday,” Chavan said.
He warned people that they should not fall prey to the new shampoo called Lokpal. “It is not a shampoo. It is a hair oil in disguise and if you use it, the germs of corruption will stick to you and shine on,” he said.
“If you still continue to use this shampoo, you will get a constant itch and it shall push you to accept bribes and use other corrupt means,” Chavan said.
People who heard him lauded his humorous take on the issue and applauded his performance.
(Mauli Buch can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Show unity against corruption, Digvijay tells MPs - Dec 27, 2011
- Chavan pleads, but Hazare continues fast (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Anna Hazare to end fast - Dec 28, 2011
- As Anna fasts, parliament divided over Lokpal (Night Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Glad Anna is ending fast: Supporters - Dec 28, 2011
- Government spreading lies about Anna: Kejriwal - Dec 25, 2011
- Team Anna moves court against steep ground charges - Dec 22, 2011
- Anna set for fast, political class dubs him 'impatient' (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Delhi not an option for agitation: Kiran Bedi - Dec 23, 2011
- Anna set for fast, political class dubs him 'impatient' (Intro Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Ailing Anna to end fast (Second Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Hazare leaves for Ralegan Siddhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Anna ends fast, vows to rally against Congress (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Delhi to Mumbai: MPs debate, Anna protests Lokpal bill (Afternoon Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: agitation, anna hazare, bribes, corruption, courier company, disguise, germs, government of india, hair oil, hitesh, legislations, lokpal bill, mauli b, mosquito, mumbai, new shampoo, prey, sacred river, shampoo bottle, six months