A marriage according to the CPI-M rule bookMay 10th, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, May 10 (IANS) It was a marriage which was devoid of any pomp or show. Communist Party of India-Marxist state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan went according to the party rule book by having a simple ceremony for his daughter’s marriage held here Saturday. The list of invitees included Kerala Governor R.L. Bhatia, Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan and a virtual who’s who of people from different spheres of life.
Vijayan’s only daughter, Veena, exchanged garlands with Suneesh and the marriage ceremony was over in a few minutes.
There was no feast, instead a small cup of payasam and a glass of tea was served to all those present.
Vijayan personally oversaw all the arrangements. He insisted that there should be no diversion of traffic that would affect the common man.
Last month the party came under fire when traffic was stopped for the reception of Kerala Home Minister and senior CPI-M member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan’s son’s marriage that was held here.
The Bharatiya Janata Party’s youth wing lashed out at the lavish marriage and also alleged that a tainted real estate personality made all the arrangements for the wedding.
In the party Congress at Coimbatore, the CPI-M had asked its cadres to see that marriages ceremonies are held in a simple manner.
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan seeks Vijayan's removal from CPI-M post - May 20, 2012
- Achuthanandan, Pinarayi tensions under scanner again (Letter from Kerala) - Oct 27, 2011
- Achuthanandan will remain opposition leader: CPI-M - Feb 10, 2012
- Make Kerala home minister accused in Lavalin case: Petition - May 05, 2011
- Media creation, says Vijayan of Achuthanandan letter - May 21, 2012
- Chennithala takes potshots at CPI-M - Jan 10, 2012
- Kerala chief minister out of poll fray (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- No problems in alliance, all united: UDF - May 01, 2012
- Crack of dawn start for Chandy, ministers - Aug 22, 2012
- Row breaks out over Kochi Metro Rail project - Jan 02, 2012
- Take up national role, Medha Patekar urges Achuthanandan - Jul 15, 2012
- Achuthanandan escapes with public censure - Jul 22, 2012