A day after bomb recovery, Regal draws some filmgoersSeptember 14th, 2008 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) The Regal cinema hall at Connaught Place in the heart of the capital, generally crowded with filmgoers lining up to catch the latest flick, had few takers Sunday after a live bomb was recovered from a dustbin outside the theatre Saturday evening. “The capacity of the theatre is 650 people. At weekends we generally have a crowd of around 450 but today we have sold only 143 tickets for the 12.30 p.m. show,” Regal manager Ravi Sharma told IANS.
The cinema hall is screening “Singh is Kinng”. Sharma hoped the number would improve in a few days.
The few who turned up to watch the film emphasized the need to defeat terrorism.
Asked if he was afraid to go to the cinema hall, Ashish Singh, 22, said: “If we remain fearful after such incidents, terrorists would succeed in their aim of terrorizing society.”
Ashish came with his five friends to watch the movie.
Nazeer, another youth who came with two friends, also echoed the sentiment: “What if a bomb was discovered from this place Saturday? We should not fear and lose confidence. Instead, we need to face the situation strongly,” said Nazeer.
On Saturday evening, five bomb explosions rocked the capital, two of them close to Connaught Place. At least 21 people were killed and 100 hundred. Three live bombs were recovered and refused later in the evening.
- Timely intervention of four policemen prevented seventh blast - Sep 14, 2008
- Timely intervention by four policemen prevented sixth blast - Sep 14, 2008
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra urges reopening of theatres in Kashmir - Dec 13, 2011
- 'Siruthai Puli' - Puri's overdramatised action masala (Tamil Movie Review) - Sep 08, 2012
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- Despite protests in Banglore, 'Aarakshan' attracts audience - Aug 12, 2011
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Match screening allowed, Lucknow fans throng theatres - Apr 02, 2011
- Bangalore court hands over two terror operatives to police custody - Dec 05, 2009
- 'Aarakshan' screening begins in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2011
- Sena activists pelt stones, attempt shut down in parts of Mumbai - Feb 12, 2010
- Youth arrested for blackmailing, raping minor - Aug 07, 2012
- Milk oblations, dancing, singing - 'Endhiran' fever catches Chennai - Oct 01, 2010