A China House for London OlympicsJuly 14th, 2012 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 14 (IANS) China House, a place to host friends from all over the world and display China-related activities, will be set up in London during the 2012 London Olympics.
Chinese Olympic Committee’s executive vice-president Yang Shu’an announced the plans to set up China House earlier this week in Beijing at the British embassy, China Daily reported Saturday.
“China House will be the home for Chinese delegations, officials, friends and related institutions in London during the summer Olympics. It will be an ideal place to host and entertain friends and relatives,” said Yang.
To be open from July 25 to Aug. 12, the China House will have an exhibition area showing the history of China’s Olympics development. It will also have an exhibition about the history and development of Sino-British diplomatic relations, as this year marks the 40th anniversary of the establishment of China-British diplomatic relations.
“London is following the fantastic, good example of the Beijing Olympics in 2008. So it is really an exciting partnership between China and the UK,” said Sebastian Wood, Britain’s ambassador to China.
- China blames Britain for damaging relations - Jun 14, 2012
- Arab League chief calls for closer Arab-China ties - May 08, 2012
- Amid Arunachal row, Chinese foreign minister heading to India - Feb 27, 2012
- Sebastian Coe launches Olympic bicycles - Dec 11, 2011
- Chinese swimming star Sun Yang aims higher - Aug 17, 2012
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- China, US to battle it out for top position in London - Jul 22, 2012
- US official in China for Korean Peninsula solutions - Jan 06, 2011
- Swimmers raise China's Paralympic gold tally to 46 - Sep 04, 2012
- China seeks peace with neighbours (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- London Olympics to surpass Beijing 2008: British minister - Jul 22, 2012
- Wang Shixian left out Chinese Olympic badminton squad - Jul 11, 2012
- Chinese director to stage opera for London Olympics - Mar 01, 2012
- China to send 396-strong team to London Olympics - Jul 10, 2012
- Chinese swimming team get hero's welcome - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: 2012 london olympics, 40th anniversary, ambassador, beijing olympics, british embassy, china daily, chinese delegations, chinese olympic, diplomatic relations, executive vice, exhibition area, history of china, host friends, july 14, olympic committee, olympics, relatives, sebastian, shu, summer olympics