A 16-year-old girl gang raped in BiharFebruary 19th, 2009 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 19 (IANS) A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang raped at gun point in Bihar by unidentified men, who then tried to kill her by setting her ablaze when she told her family of the assault, police sources said here Thursday.
The victim is battling for her life in a private clinic with more than 50 percent burn injuries, a source close to the family said.
The incident took place at Chorahi village in Sitamarhi district of Bihar.
The case came out in open Thursday after a close relative of the victim approached the media four days after she was raped and set on fire.
According to family sources, some men raped the girl and threatened her not to tell anybody. When the girl told her family about the incident, the accused poured kerosene on her and set her on fire.
Then the accused took her to a private clinic for treatment under their close surveillance.
The victim’s father informed the village guard about the incident and requested him to lodge a case with the police.
The police officials recorded the victim’s statement in the private clinic and assured her family that action would be taken against the accused, family sources said.
- Sixteen-year-old rape victim 'just wants to die' - Feb 20, 2009
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Teenager set on fire for resisting rape, dies - Mar 28, 2011
- Bangla gangrape victim kills self - Feb 23, 2011
- Class 4 kid sets junior on fire in Bihar - Sep 17, 2011
- Rapist burns victim in Jharkhand - Dec 04, 2010
- Woman killed in fight over water - Mar 24, 2012
- Teenager dies after being set ablaze by molester - May 29, 2010
- Girl arrested for burning woman - Jun 26, 2011
- No arrest in murder of teen who witnessed mother's rape - May 14, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Rape victim succumbs to burn injuries - Apr 18, 2012
- Bihar CM orders probe in Sitamarhi shooting incident (Lead) - May 26, 2012