9-year-old boy saves mother’s life 100 timesNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:21 pm ICT by admin
London, Nov 14 (ANI): A 9-year-old boy has saved his mother’s life a 100 times by learning to dial 999 from the age of two.
Diabetic Ann Taylor is aware that she would have been dead, if her son Danny wouldn’t have been taking care of her.
Danny’s daily routine begins with giving his 47-year-old mum an insulin jab to stop her blood sugar levels dropping dangerously low.
When he comes back after attending school, he gives her another jab, blood tests, and checks on her through the night.
His dedication has been revealed in an emotional letter written by his mother. It credits him with saving her life and suggests him what to do if she dies suddenly.
Danny, who was declared as the Daily Mirror Pride of Britain award winner in 2004, will be seen on BBC1’s ‘Blue Peter’ to promote their annual charity appeal.
“He’s dealt with it so well. He’s a real soldier for his mum,” Mirror quoted ‘Blue Peter’ host Konnie Huq, as saying.
Viewers will be urged to send in old CDs to boost the funds of children’s charity Barnardo’s.
Danny will also raise awareness of the plight of child carers.
His story will be told on December 4.
“I’m very nervous but Danny is just excited to be on TV,” Ann said. (ANI)
- Man plunges to death after girlfriend - Sep 03, 2011
- Here come smart insulin pumps for diabetic kids - Apr 12, 2012
- 2yr-old saves mum's life after learning how to dial 999 on TV show! - Jul 15, 2009
- Mum in UK cuts out heart of 4-year-old daughter as 'religious offering' - Dec 19, 2010
- Cheryl Cole to launch clothing range - Jul 04, 2010
- Konnie Huq: 'My father wanted me to marry a Muslim' - Oct 11, 2010
- Konnie Huq's skirt rides up - Aug 05, 2009
- Andre upset over daughter's burn injuries - Feb 07, 2011
- Simon Is Renamed Lightning for a day! - Oct 12, 2010
- Paralysed man survives being barbecued - Aug 04, 2011
- Carer takes boy from mental health unit to brothel - Aug 30, 2012
- Insulin shots could banish unsightly scars - Nov 02, 2010
- Man blames seven-year-old girl in sex attack case - Jul 21, 2012
- Child sex trafficking in UK on the rise with younger victims being groomed - Jan 17, 2011
- Boy Swallows Scissors But Survives Miraculously - Nov 05, 2010