9 killed in road accident in Tamil NaduOctober 6th, 2008 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Erode (Tamil Nadu), Oct 6 (IANS) Nine people were killed and over 27 injured in a head-on collision between a bus and a lorry in Tamil Nadu Monday, the police said.The mishap took place on the highway near here, 450 km south of state capital Chennai.
While drivers of the two vehicles - Balakrishnan and Tamilvanan - besides three passengers died on the spot, others died on the way to the hospital, official sources added.
The bodied of the deceased have been handed over to their relatives after post-mortem examinations, a government press statement said.
- Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accident - Nov 06, 2011
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Ten burnt to death in bus-lorry collision in Tamil Nadu - Sep 08, 2010
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- 19 killed in Tirupati lorry accident - Feb 18, 2010
- 15 killed as tempo collides with bus in Karnataka - Jun 27, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- Three killed, 15 injured in bus mishap near Gurgaon - Jul 10, 2012
- Four of family among five killed in road accident - Jan 07, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 22 charred to death in Tamil Nadu bus accident (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- 17 killed, several injured in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Dec 02, 2010