9 ITBP troopers injured in grenade explosionMay 15th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, May 15 (IANS) In the second such incident within a fortnight, nine troopers of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were injured when a grenade exploded during exercises at a firing range near here Thursday. The injured troopers were rushed to the Post-graduate institute of medical education and research (PGI) for treatment.
ITBP officials said the grenade exploded while the troopers were conducting routine exercises at the ITBP training centre at Bhanu in Panchkula, 25 km from here.
This is the third incident of this kind here in just over two months.
Three troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed and 11 others injured March 13 when a grenade exploded during training exercises at another firing range here.
One ITBP trooper was killed and 9 others were injured when a grenade exploded during exercises near here May 2.
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast - Mar 22, 2012
- Four killed in Gadchiroli (Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- First batch of women ITBP troopers passes out (Lead) - Jan 29, 2010
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- ITBP trooper killed, nine injured in grenade explosion - May 03, 2008
- Six CRPF troopers hurt in accidental blast - Sep 21, 2012
- Two BSF men injured in training accident - Aug 07, 2012
- Seven ITBP aspirants fall to death from speeding trains in UP - Feb 01, 2011
- First women's battalion of ITBP passes out - Jan 29, 2010
- ITBP to induct first women's battalion Friday - Jan 28, 2010
- Three ITBP men killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - Oct 08, 2010
- Six train rooftop riders fall to death - Feb 01, 2011
- Two kids die in Gadchiroli - Oct 08, 2010
- Seven Indian youths fall to death from speeding trains - Feb 01, 2011
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010