80 houses gutted in Himachal (Second Lead)December 24th, 2011 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 24 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government announced a relief of Rs.200,000 to around 60 families whose houses were gutted in a devastating fire at a remote village in the state’s Shimla district Saturday.
Governor Urmila Singh and Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal have also expressed grief over the accident.
The devastating fire reduced 80 houses to ashe and left the entire village in a shambles Saturday.
“More than 60 houses were fully burnt and 13 partially in the fire at Chichwadi village, some 35 km from Rohru town,” Deputy Commissioner Onkar Sharma told IANS. Most structures in the village, some 150 km from here, were wooden.
Over 250 cattle perished in the fire that left more than 450 people homeless.
“We have provided blankets, tents and woollens to the locals and shifted them to temporary shelters,” Sharma said.
Witnesses said rescue workers had a tough time reaching the village as it was not connected by road.
- 65 houses gutted in Himachal (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- 65 houses gutted in fire in Himachal village - Dec 24, 2011
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- 10 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Devastating fire in Himachal's Chamba heritage town - Mar 18, 2012
- Fire sweeps through Himachal village - May 16, 2010
- 11 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident - May 16, 2011
- 37 killed as truck falls into Himachal gorge (Night Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Toll in Himachal accident rises to 40 - Aug 19, 2010
- Himachal's British era assembly gets makeover - Feb 27, 2011
- Rebuilt 400-year-old Himachal temple opens - Mar 03, 2012
- Truck falls into Himachal gorge, 34 killed (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Bus rolls down Himachal gorge, 24 killed (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010