80 children injured in Greater Noida school bus accidentNovember 10th, 2008 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Nov 10 (IANS) At least 80 children were seriously injured when their school bus turned turtle after hitting a car in this suburb of the national capital Monday. The incident occurred at 7.40 a.m. near a roundabout under Kasna police station in Greater Noida’s Omega-I sector.
Kasna station officer (SO) Arjun Singh said the bus was transporting about 85 students of K.D.S. Public School when the driver lost control and hit a Santro. The bus then overturned.
At least 80 students, aged between six and 12, sustained injuries.
“After hitting the car, the driver fled the spot. We rushed the children to Kailash hospital, where the conditions of five was said to be critical. They were admitted to to ICU (intensive care unit). The other children were discharged after being given first aid,” Singh said.
On the complaint of Bhagwan Dass Sanwaria, the Santro’s owner, a criminal case under Sections 279, 338 and 427 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against the driver.
- Two hurt in Noida school bus accident - Aug 26, 2010
- Two kids killed by speeding car, driver dies - Feb 17, 2012
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Student thrashed by colleagues at private college - Sep 10, 2011
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- SUV driven by teenager hits girl, four injured - Feb 26, 2010
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Software engineer killed in Greater Noida - Jul 29, 2010
- Robbers flee with media house vehicle after attacking driver - Jul 21, 2009
- Youths run over policemen in Greater Noida - Feb 20, 2010
- Farmers stir turns violent, top official shot (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- Four school kids hurt as car rams rickshaw - Sep 21, 2010
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011