720 tourism projects sanctionedAugust 19th, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) The government sanctioned 720 tourism projects between 2008-2011, with the highest 79 in Jammu and Kashmir, the Lok Sabha was informed Friday.
Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay informed parliament that 720 tourism projects were sanctioned at a cost of Rs.2,405 crore.
Jammu and Kashmir got the highest 79 projects, followed by 53 in Sikkim and 40 in Arunachal Pradesh.
The ministry also sanctioned 32 eco-tourism projects in the country during the same period, he said.
- Government to attact more tourists to northeast: Minister - Nov 19, 2011
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP - Jun 06, 2012
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Anna supporters in Jharkhand demand Sahay's apology (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
- Whom to support for Hatia by-poll? JMM to decide May 28 - May 26, 2012
- New strategies needed to help tourism growth: Sahay - Mar 14, 2011
- Jharkhand demolitions: Contempt case against union minister - Apr 18, 2011
- Union minister on protest arrested in Jharkhand - Apr 05, 2011
- Foreign tourist flow to touch 8 mn by 2015 - Mar 11, 2011
- Anna detained for his 'madness', says tourism minister - Aug 16, 2011
- Subodh Kant Sahai calls for more thrust on domestic tourism - Mar 14, 2011
- India to focus on building tourism infrastructure: Minister - Sep 09, 2011
- Double tourist inflow, Sahay urges northeastern states - Apr 10, 2012
- Most illegal explosives seized in Maharashtra - Sep 06, 2011
- More tourism cooperation needed in South Asia: Minister - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,