70-year-old woman found dead in DelhiJune 21st, 2009 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) A 70-year-old woman, who was living alone, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her south Delhi home Sunday evening, two days after she was suspected to have been murdered.
Police said the deceased, Basanti’s house was ransacked and a case of murder has been registered.
Her decomposed body was found from her second floor DDA apartment in Garhi area of East of Kailash.
“It seems that she died at least two days ago. Her nose was bleeding and house was ransacked. We have registered a case of robbery and murder and are investigating the matter. Her body has been sent for post-mortem,” said a police officer.
Police said she was last seen by her neighbours Friday evening. Her four sons are married and live in the same area.
- 75-year-old woman's death was natural: Chandigarh Police - Jan 07, 2011
- Decomposed body of woman found - Dec 10, 2011
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Senior citizen murdered inside her Delhi flat - Jan 10, 2012
- Missing businessman's body found, murder suspected - Feb 22, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Youth's decomposed body found in East Delhi - Oct 20, 2010
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Man found dead in mysterious circumstances - Apr 12, 2011
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances - May 19, 2011
- Man held for killing lover - Oct 18, 2011
- Naked woman's body found in Delhi hospital premises - Apr 26, 2012