69 percent of Tihar’s inmates from DelhiJanuary 31st, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
N0ew Delhi, Jan 31 (IANS) Delhiites account for 69 percent of Tihar Jail’s inmates while prisoners from others states make up 28 percent.
There has been a decrease of three percent in the population of Delhi residents in Tihar Jail as compared to 2010.
While Delhi men comprise 69.10 percent of Tihar’s population, women from the capital account for 18.44 of the jail’s total female population.
Twenty-eight percent of the population consists of people from states like Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Bihar and Rajasthan, while the remaining three percent are foreigners.
- Tihar Idol, a talent hunt in jail premises for inmates - Apr 08, 2012
- Tihar warms up to its inmates - Dec 24, 2011
- Indian jails overcrowded, Uttar Pradesh the worst - Aug 09, 2011
- 70 percent Tihar inmates are undertrials (Second Lead, correcting figure in para 3) - Jan 31, 2012
- 70 percent Tihar inmates are undertrials (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Tihar authorities term PUDR report 'false' - Jan 20, 2012
- Tihar Jail authorities arbitrary, biased: Report - Jan 19, 2012
- 378 Pakistanis in Indian jails - Aug 09, 2011
- Diwali gift packs, with love from Tihar Jail - Oct 21, 2011
- Court questions government on plea to help jail inmates (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Court notice on plea seeking rules for ill Tihar inmates - Aug 13, 2012
- 142 Tihar inmates get jobs in placement drive (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Make Tihar Jail meat-free zone: PETA India - Nov 22, 2011
- Tihar undertrial alleges assault, sexual abuse - Jun 17, 2012
- Raksha Bandhan celebrated at Tihar - Aug 13, 2011