68-year-old Korean woman fails driving test 771 timesFebruary 5th, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, Feb 5 (DPA) A 68-year-old South Korean hawker has set a new record by failing her driving test 771 times, a news report said Thursday.Cha has been trying her luck with the test questions almost every day since April 13, 2005, the Korea Times reported, quoting local authorities at Wanju district in the southwest of the country.
However, the woman failed every time at the test’s theory questions, only achieving 30 to 50 points of the 60 necessary to pass the test, the paper quoted official Park Jung Seok as saying.
But instead of being discouraged, Cha usually signs up for the next test.
“I feel sorry every time I see Cha fail. When she passes, I’ll make a memorial tablet myself and give it to her,” Park said.
The failed driving tests cost Cha up to four million won ($3,000) in exam fees.
Cha is lugging a handcart from door to door selling goods. At some point, she thought a car would be better to do the work and signed up for the driving test, the report said.
- South Korean woman gets driver's licence on 960th try - Sep 04, 2010
- South Korean grandmother passes driving test after 960th attempt! - Sep 06, 2010
- British woman fails driving test 90 times - Mar 17, 2011
- The bees were heading for beesiness class (The Funny Side) - Sep 21, 2012
- Briton passes driving test after 22 years - Aug 21, 2010
- South Korea draw with Nigeria to advance to last 16 (Lead) - Jun 23, 2010
- LG Electronics launches new flagship smartphone - Sep 18, 2012
- Woman takes 58 years to get driving licence - Apr 24, 2012
- Maradona praises his sensational team after victory (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Higuain tricks as Argentina decimate South Korea 4-1 (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Singapore wins Olympic table tennis team bronze medal - Aug 07, 2012
- New iPad tops tablet ratings - Apr 03, 2012
- South Korea beat Greece in Group B opener (Lead) - Jun 12, 2010
- Jamia Millia chief backs women's quota bill - May 02, 2012
- Staying alive on Asian roads (The Funny Side) - Jul 20, 2012