68 more Indians return from Libya, 600 to arrive Monday nightFebruary 28th, 2011 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) The third batch of 68 Indians from violence-torn Libya landed in Mumbai in a Gulf Air flight Monday morning. Another 600 Indians will be brought back on two special Air India flights in the night. With the fresh arrivals, the total number of Indians who have returned from Libya, where the revolt against the Muammar Gaddafi government has turned violent and claimed over 1,000 lives so far, has reached around 600.
The first flight, a Boeing 747, carrying 291 Indian nationals, arrived in New Delhi around Saturday midnight. The second batch of 237 evacuated passengers, who were picked from Libyan capital Tripoli, arrived in an Airbus A330 early Sunday morning.
“All 68 Indian nationals who had crossed over to Salloum (Egypt) reached Mumbai by GF-056 this morning,” the external affairs ministry said in New Delhi.
A help desk at the airport at Mumbai has been set up by Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) in coordination with Maharashtra government and other state governments, to render all assistance to the passengers, including for further travel to their hometowns.
Two special Air India flights - AI 800 (Airbus 330) and AI 171 (Boeing 744) are on their way to Tripoli, and are expected to reach there later Monday. “They are likely to ferry back around 600 passengers late tonight,” the ministry said.
- Libya unrest: 68 Indians land in Mumbai, 3,000 to be evacuated by ships (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Two more Air India flight on their way to Libya to bring back stranded Indians - Feb 28, 2011
- Libya unrest: 68 Indians land in Mumbai, 3,000 more on the way (Intro Night Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Libya unrest: 68 Indians land in Mumbai, 3,000 more on the way - Feb 28, 2011
- Two more flights bring back 600 Indians from Libya - Mar 01, 2011
- India unveils Operation Safe Homecoming, thousands on way - Feb 27, 2011
- Foreign Secretary Rao reviews Libya situation with MEA officials - Feb 25, 2011
- Libya unrest: Over 500 Indians return, more arriving amid tales of woe - Feb 27, 2011
- 3 flights daily to bring Indians home from Libya (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- 1045 more Indians return from strife-torn Libya - Mar 02, 2011
- India to evacuate nationals from Libya via air, sea, land (Intro Roundup) - Feb 26, 2011
- 3,500 Indians would be back from Libya by Wednesday: Krishna - Mar 01, 2011
- Over 12,000 Indians evacuated from Libya - Mar 07, 2011
- 7,000 Indians return from Libya, evacuation to continue: Krishna (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- First batch of evacuees from Libya reaching Delhi midnight (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: air india, airbus 330, airbus a330, boeing 744, boeing 747, external affairs ministry, first flight, gf, gulf air, gulf air flight, indian nationals, libyan capital, ministry of overseas indian affairs, monday morning, muammar gaddafi, New Delhi, revolt, salloum, state governments, tripoli