Indian among two construction workers killed in Sharjah accidentJune 23rd, 2008 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 23 (IANS) Two workers, including an Indian, were killed in a construction site accident in Sharjah, police said. The two were standing on a cradle plastering concrete on the 24th floor of a 33-floor building in the Al Nahda area of Sharjah when a rope snapped and the cradle crashed to the ground Sunday evening.
Both the workers died on the spot, reports here said, quoting Lt. Col. Mohammad Habib Hassan of the Sharjah Police.
The other worker has been identified as a Bangladeshi.
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- Indians, Bangladeshis arrested in Sharjah for attempted selling of pornographic videos - Feb 12, 2011
- 19 die in China lift crash - Sep 13, 2012
- Tunisia's Islamist group to form political party - Mar 02, 2011
- Indian yoga enthusiasts harassed by Dubai park security - Mar 24, 2011
- Cargo plane crashes on take-off in Dubai (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Sharjah skyscraper catches fire - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman killed in Bangalore mock fire drill - Feb 24, 2012
- Cargo plane crashes in Dubai (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Indian jailed for molesting minor girl in Dubai - Feb 22, 2011
- Lights festival begins in UAE - Feb 10, 2011
- Indian woman dies in Sharjah apartment fire - Jan 17, 2009
- Five killed in Chhattisgarh power plant accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Toll in Delhi building collapse rises to 64, rescue work still on - Nov 16, 2010
- UAE launches phase-II of health information system - Apr 02, 2011