630 kg cocaine seized in ItalyJune 9th, 2012 - 5:51 am ICT by IANS
Rome, June 9 (IANS/AKI) Police in Italy Friday seized 630 kg of cocaine smuggled aboard a cargo ship from Brasil.
The bust in Gioia Tauro in the southern Calabria region was carried out by port and finance police.
The high-quality cocaine, found in 16 bags and divided into 580 bricks, was found hidden in a shipment of hazelnuts.
In November 2010, police had found 1,000 kg of the drug aboard a Brazilian ship at the same port.
- Nearly 200 kg cocaine seized in Italy port - Sep 08, 2012
- One tonne cocaine seized in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- Spanish model caught hiding cocaine in fake breasts - Dec 22, 2011
- Toy cars made of cocaine seized in Italy - Oct 13, 2011
- Trucker held in Italy for 'radioactive' cargo - Oct 07, 2010
- 1,577 kg cocaine seized in Mexico - Apr 20, 2010
- 'Dangerous' mobster held in Italy - Apr 24, 2012
- Colombian police make biggest heroin bust in years - Dec 08, 2009
- Four tonnes of cocaine seized in Peru - Apr 24, 2010
- Dozens of mafia men held in pan-European drugs bust - Jun 04, 2012
- Italian drugs, arms racket busted, 20 held - Jun 16, 2012
- Four bodies found aboard sunken ship - Feb 23, 2012
- 2,000-year-old ship found near Rome - Apr 30, 2011
- Drugs in bath-towel shipment from India seized - Jan 28, 2011
- Boat with Egyptian migrants held in Italy - Jun 13, 2012