62 trains to be cancelled due to expansion work at New Delhi stationSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) The Northern Railway authorities announced Tuesday that 31 pairs of trains will be cancelled and 25 pairs will be diverted during Sep 6-14 due to expansion works at the New Delhi railway station. The New Delhi railway station is adding four new platforms as part of its expansion programme. The Northern Railway will also carry out remodelling work, involving installation of the New Route Relay Interlocking with 1,278 routes.
The four new platforms, with 26-coach length and modern facilities, will be operational from Sep 15.
“We are closing down total nine platforms out of 12 from Sep 6 to Sep 14. While platform number three to seven will be closed Sep 6-7, platform one to seven will remain closed from Sep 10,” said an official.
“Also, platform number one to nine will remain closed Sep 11-14,” the official added.
The station has total 12 platforms out of which only three will be fully operational during the period.
Also, the starting stations of 62 trains are expected to be changed during the period.
- Railway budget disappointing: Nitish Kumar - Mar 14, 2012
- Remodelling work to affect rail traffic in Ghaziabad - Jun 14, 2012
- Technical snag hits Metro's Dwarka-Noida services - Oct 19, 2010
- Rooftop train travel kills 211 - Sep 02, 2011
- No increase in passenger fairs: Mamata - Feb 25, 2011
- Cop killed by catering staff at New Delhi railway station - Jan 23, 2012
- Wheels of Kolkata Metro turn towards massive expansion - Jun 19, 2011
- Chaos at New Delhi station as Gujjars protest - Dec 21, 2010
- Powerless again, Northern and Eastern Grid break down (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki grows 24.8 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Safety with modernisation is Trivedi's mantra for railways (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Collision hits train services on Bangalore-Chennai route - Sep 14, 2011
- Power trip in seven states hits millions (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- 15 trains cancelled after Uttar Pradesh accident - Jul 11, 2011
- Railway budget highlights 5 - Mar 14, 2012