62 drivers penalised for entering Delhi’s CWG lanesOctober 9th, 2010 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 9 (IANS) As many as 62 motorists were penalised Saturday for entering road lanes reserved for Commonwealth Games related traffic here, police said.
“No notices have been sent today (Saturday) and no vehicles have been impounded,” said a senior official of the Delhi Traffic Police.
Till now, the Delhi Traffic Police have issued challans against 1,591 vehicles. A total of 294 challans were sent through notification.
Restrictions were enforced on the Games lane Sep 23, and will continue to be effective till Oct 16 — two days after the Commonwealth Games end.
The Games lane violators are imposed a fine of Rs.2,000.
Over 6,500 athletes from 71 teams are participating in the ongoing Commonwealth Games here.
–Indo-Asian News service
- 92 penalised for entering Games lane - Oct 08, 2010
- 67 challans issued against vehicles entering Games lane - Oct 11, 2010
- Sixty penalised for entering Games lane - Oct 07, 2010
- 12 vehicles challaned for Games lane violation - Oct 14, 2010
- 61 challans issued against vehicles entering Games lane - Oct 12, 2010
- 42 penalised for Games lane violations - Oct 04, 2010
- Games lane challans cross 1,000-figure mark (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- 1,706 motorists penalised for entering Games lanes - Oct 07, 2010
- 71 challans issued for Games lanes violations - Oct 13, 2010
- 75 penalised for Games lane violation - Oct 06, 2010
- Commonwealth Games lanes restrictions from today - Sep 24, 2010
- Delhi traffic restrictions ease as Games close - Oct 15, 2010
- 100 motorists face action for entering Games lanes - Sep 27, 2010
- Traffic police to hold trials on Games lanes - Sep 07, 2010
- 'Thank you, Delhiites, for following Games lanes' - Sep 28, 2010