61 Gujarat students taken ill after drinking milkMarch 4th, 2009 - 12:34 am ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, March 3 (IANS) At least 61 students of a government school in Gujarat were taken ill Tuesday after drinking milk supplied by a co-operative dairy, official sources said.
The milk, in 200 gm pouches, is supplied daily to the primary students in the school premises under the “Bal Nirogi Varsh” (Healthy Child Year) project of the state government in Gujarat’s predominantly tribal regions.
The schoolchildren, in Batkawada village near Godhra town, about 70 km from Vadodara in central Gujarat, started vomiting after drinking the milk and were rushed to a primary health centre, the sources said.
The children were later discharged.
The samples of the milk have been collected and have been sent for examination at a government laboratory in Vadodara, a district official said.
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011
- 53 students taken ill after mid-day meal - Jul 16, 2011
- Milk with too much bacteria caused illness in kids: China - Apr 21, 2010
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
- 200 Chinese students fall ill after drinking milk - Apr 20, 2010
- Himachal to install water filters in 3,000 schools - Aug 12, 2011
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- 250 students in China fall sick after drinking tainted milk - Apr 22, 2011
- Verghese Kurien: rare visionary and astute manager (Tribute) - Sep 10, 2012
- Over 100 students fall ill after medication at health camp - Dec 14, 2010
- Maharashtra welcomes lifting of ban on milk powder exports - Jun 02, 2012
- UP to ask NID to design packs for milk products - Mar 27, 2012
- GM 'human' milk 'to hit Chinese shelves in 2yrs' - Mar 22, 2011
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- Haryana to set up 200 hi-tech mini-dairies - Jul 02, 2012