60 South Asian students to take part in cultural fiestaNovember 23rd, 2010 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Nov 23 (IANS) About 60 students from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Nepal will contest in the finals of the ‘Horlicks Wizkids South Asia 2010, an inter-school literary and cultural festival, beginning Thursday on the outskirts of Bangalore.
Organised by EduMedia India Ltd in association with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, the maker of health food drink Horlicks, the contest will select four winners for the ‘Horlicks Wizteam’ title and send them on an international student exchange programme.
“As part of the finals, the finalists are camping at the School of Ancient Wisdom at Devanahalli on the city’s outskirts since Sunday for project presentations, developing communication skills, cultural knowledge, physical fitness, inter-personal skills and psycho-social development for evaluation,” Horlicks general manager Puneet Das said in a statement Tuesday.
In the run-up, the pre-final events were held in 22 cities across the four countries in which about 200,000 students participated beginning in India in July and concluding in Pakistan early this month.
“The finale will be keenly followed by hundreds of students across South Asia as evident from the excellent response the run-up events received in all the four countries when they were held during the last four months,” EduMedia managing director Syed Sultan Ahmed said.
Three students from Pakistan - Wajee Sultan, a Class 11 student from Lahore, Maidah Khalid, studying in Class 12 in Islamabad, and Samar Haroon, a Class 11 student from Karachi - are also participating in the finals.
- Horlicks Wizkids' contest winners to visit New Zealand - Nov 25, 2010
- Indian quiz contest for kids being held in Pakistan - Nov 01, 2010
- St. Joseph's students sweep varsity quiz contest - Jul 21, 2011
- Abhirath, Jehan dazzle in final round of Rotax Karting - Sep 03, 2011
- GSK to decide on rural drink after test marketing results - Oct 06, 2010
- GSK Healthcare aims at double-digit market share in oral care - May 14, 2012
- Bal Bharti student wins UN slogan writing competition - Dec 13, 2011
- Ahmedabad students fight it out at IGNOU quiz contest - Feb 09, 2011
- Right diet, rest, key to high marks: Experts - Feb 05, 2011
- Aftab Sultan is Pakistan IB chief - Oct 23, 2011
- 92 teams participate in IGNOU quiz contest in Bangalore - Aug 10, 2010
- Army School wins IGNOU quiz contest (With Image) - May 12, 2011
- Maiden win for Ameya Bafna in Rotax Karting - Jul 10, 2011
- Vishnu, Jehan win in National Rotax Max Karting - Aug 07, 2011
- Inter-school painting contest winners get UN awards - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: ancient wisdom, devanahalli, glaxosmithkline, glaxosmithkline consumer healthcare, haroon, health food, horlicks, india ltd, india pakistan, inter school, international student exchange, islamabad, outskirts, personal skills, physical fitness, project presentations, samar, South Asia, south asian students, sultan ahmed