6 children hurt in UP school roof collapseMay 1st, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 1 (IANS) Six children were injured Tuesday when the roof of their school classroom collapsed at Chilla village in Khurja.
The students were attending a class at Saraswati Vidya Mandir when the ceiling fell on them, burying them in the rubble, said police.
The school staff immediately pulled out the students.
Six children were badly injured and were undergoing medical treatment, superintendent of police Vijay Kumar Gautam told IANS.
The school’s manager, who went missing after the incident, was being traced, he said.
The building had also been sealed, he said, after parents blamed the school authorities of not paying heed to their pleas to repair the dilapidated structure.
- Six students killed in UP school roof collapse - Jul 27, 2012
- 13 injured as classroom ceiling collapses - Sep 13, 2010
- State mourning for killed school-kids in Uttarakhand - Aug 19, 2010
- 13 injured in school room wall collapse - Sep 14, 2011
- 25 school students injured as bus overturns - Feb 01, 2011
- 18 children killed as Uttarakhand school building collapses - Aug 18, 2010
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011
- Three girls injured as ceiling plaster falls on them - Sep 13, 2011
- 18 children die when school roof collapses in northern India - Aug 18, 2010
- Girl electrocuted while plucking flowers in school - Nov 20, 2010
- 24 students injured in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- Three students die in bus accident (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Brazil school kids ran as gunman opened fire, shows CCTV - Apr 08, 2011
- Seven die in Pakistan school roof collapse - May 07, 2012
- Student dies as ceiling falls - Sep 07, 2010