6 booked for forcing boy to marry 30-year-old womanJune 18th, 2009 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 18 (IANS) Criminal cases have been slapped against six people for forcing a 10-year-old boy to marry a 30-year-old woman in Uttar Pradesh’s Firozabad district, police said Thursday.
Parents and relatives of the child, residents of Urawar village, had fixed his marriage with Rekha of a nearby village.
“On the complaints by some locals, police Wednesday night reached the spot where pre-marriage rituals were underway and stopped the function. However, by then the boy’s parents Anil Yadav and Rama Devi had managed to escape,” police inspector Devendra Singh told reporters in Firozabad, about 350 km from here.
According to police, the boy said his parents and four other relatives had fixed his marriage with a woman of the Kheria village in Fatehpur district.
From Yadav’s house, police recovered invitation cards according to which the wedding was to take place June 26.
“We have registered a case against Yadav, his wife and four others, who are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them,” said Singh.
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Rajasthan girl seeks annulment of her child marriage - Jun 18, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Youth kills parents, grandmother - Jan 14, 2011
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Nine rapes in last two days in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 21, 2011
- Daughter's marriage called off, man kills boy's parents - Jan 04, 2011
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Army man arrested in Gurgaon for woman's murder - May 25, 2012
- Rajasthan girl sold by mother, raped - Aug 10, 2011
- Four killed in Assam, witchcraft suspected - Jun 21, 2011
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Haryana officials prevent minor's marriage - Jun 15, 2011
- 'Kidnapped' man challenges Dimple Yadav's election to Lok Sabha - Sep 12, 2012