New Zealand police arrest seven for Sikh storekeeper’s murderJune 13th, 2008 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, June 13 (DPA) New Zealand police said Friday that they were confident they had arrested all seven members of a gang involved in the weekend shotgun murder and robbery of a Sikh liquor storekeeper in Auckland. Four of them, including two teenagers, have been charged with the murder of Navtej Singh, 30, father of three daughters, who was fatally shot in the chest at close range when his store was robbed June 7. He later died in hospital.
The other three suspects face various charges, including aggravated robbery and being accessories to the crime.
All seven are being held until Aug 6 after four of the defendants appeared in court Friday and the other three a day earlier.
- Auckland jury retires from Indian-origin liquor store owner's trial - Mar 01, 2010
- Sentencing of Kiwi-Indian liquor store owner's killer delayed - Apr 23, 2010
- Brother of Kiwi Indian Navtej Singh's murderer jailed for robbery - Aug 03, 2010
- New Zealand court finds youth guilty of killing Indian - Mar 04, 2010
- Auckland jury retires for third day from Indian-origin liquor store owner's trial - Mar 03, 2010
- Police delays killed my husband, says Kiwi-Indian liquor store owner's widow - Mar 06, 2010
- Kiwi-Indian liquor store owner's murderer had a sex violence plagued upbringing - Mar 06, 2010
- New Zealand teenager attended child's party before killing Indian - Jun 14, 2008
- Indian-origin taxi driver attacked in New Zealand - Mar 23, 2010
- Indian Kiwi Navtej Singh's killer sentenced to life-imprisonment - May 07, 2010
- Murdered Indian-origin liquor store owner's family makes peace with Auckland Police - May 15, 2010
- Indian-origin Auckland man found guilty for policeman's murder - Mar 14, 2011
- Tattoo solves seven-year-old murder case - Apr 23, 2011
- Man wanted since 2004 arrested - Mar 05, 2011
- Kiwi-Indian liquor storeowner's widow calls for ban on imitation firearms - Mar 21, 2010