58 Panjab University professors retired in one dayNovember 1st, 2008 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 1 (IANS) Panjab University Saturday retired 58 professors from various teaching departments following a high court order dismissing petitions seeking to increase the retirement age of teachers from 60 to 62 years.An emergency meeting of the university syndicate was called Saturday by Vice Chancellor R.C. Sobti after which letters were dispatched to the teachers concerned.
University sources said that with the retirement of 58 professors in one go after the Punjab and Haryana High Court order Friday, the university will face crunch of over 250 faculty members.
The university had tried to raise the retirement age of teachers from 60 to 62 years two years ago.
- Panjab University teachers reject UGC regulations - Jul 03, 2010
- Panjab University to host its pre-1970 alumni, including PM - Dec 03, 2010
- Panjab University honour to come home to Khushwant Singh - Jan 22, 2011
- Jauhar appointed Ambedkar University vice chancellor - Jan 04, 2011
- Panjab University struggles to declare exam results - Jul 01, 2010
- To protest or not to protest - Panjab University debates - May 04, 2011
- Panjab University to hold 'Job Fair 2011' - Dec 21, 2010
- Panjab University teacher resigns - Feb 17, 2011
- Dental college students call off stir as principal removed (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- No Panjab University hostel for freshers using cars - Nov 25, 2010
- Indian students in Canada more than double in a year - Jun 15, 2011
- PM's 'chair' offered to Cambridge professor - May 20, 2012
- Panjab University to re-employ retired teachers - Nov 02, 2008
- Blacklist the black gowns! Voices in Panjab University - Feb 12, 2011
- Central funds to help Panjab University clear deficit - Nov 02, 2010