5.7 magnitude earthquake in KashmirMarch 21st, 2011 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, March 21 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir’s summer capital Srinagar and other parts of the valley were jolted by a 5.7-magnitude earthquake Monday afternoon, an official said.
Sonam Lotus, the director of the local weather office, told IANS: “An earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale hit Srinagar and other parts of the valley at 3.19 p.m.
“The quake was of moderate intensity with its epicentre in the Hindukush region at latitude 36.5 degrees north and longitude 17.9 degrees east,” she said.
The tremors were felt by residents of Srinagar, but no loss of life or property has been reported so far.
- 5.6-magniude quake jolts Pakistan - Mar 21, 2011
- Moderate tremors felt in north India (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremor rocks Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Moderate quake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Mar 23, 2011
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Quake rocks Kashmir - Sep 24, 2011
- Moderate tremor jolts Kashmir - Nov 07, 2011
- Low intensity quake shakes Kashmir - May 10, 2012
- Moderate earthquake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 14, 2012
- Moderate intensity tremor jolts Kashmir - Apr 04, 2011
- Moderate quake recorded in Kashmir - Apr 01, 2011
- Tremors felt in Himachal Pradesh - Mar 21, 2011
- Moderate intensity quake rocks Kashmir - Mar 31, 2012
- Earthquake jolts Kashmir - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: epicentre, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, latitude, local weather, longitude, lotus, magnitude earthquake, march 21, moderate intensity, monday afternoon, quake, richter scale, sonam, srinagar, tremors, weather office