53 child workers rescuedOctober 4th, 2011 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 4 (IANS) A total of 53 child labourers were rescued from factories in north Delhi and seven employers arrested Tuesday, said NGO Bachpan Bachao Andolan.
The raids were conducted at various factories in Sultanpuri and Mangolpuri areas by Delhi Task Force for Elimination of Child Labour, led by Sub Divisional Magistrate Ajay Kumar.
All the rescued children are under 15 year of age and hail from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
“We had received information of children working in various factories in these two areas. We informed the authorities and the raids were carried out,” said Rakesh Senger of the NGO.
- Six units employing child labourers sealed, 20 held - Mar 24, 2011
- Official blamed for lapses in child workers' rescue - Mar 21, 2011
- Candle light vigil held for killed child worker - Apr 22, 2011
- No rehabilitation for 95 percent of rescued child labourers - Jan 25, 2011
- 25 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Mar 09, 2011
- 36 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011
- Court slams official for lapses in child workers' rescue (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- 26 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 25, 2011
- 12 child labourers rescued in Delhi - May 30, 2011
- 15 child workers rescued in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- 39 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 26, 2011
- 42 child labourers rescued in Delhi, Punjab - Jun 07, 2011
- 26 child workers rescued in Delhi - Feb 15, 2011
- Delhi shelter homes uninhabitable; over 1,800 children flee: RTI data - Jan 19, 2011
- 15 bonded child labourers rescued in Delhi - Oct 23, 2009