522 silver bricks found in Orissa templeFebruary 26th, 2011 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 26 (IANS) The police in Orissa stumbled upon three wooden boxes containing 522 silver bricks, worth at least Rs.75 crore, in a temple while conducting a search in a theft case, police said.The bricks, each weighing 40-50 kg, were sealed inside three wooden boxes in a dilapidated room of Emar Mutt near the Jagannath temple in Puri, Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar told IANS.
Puri is 56 km from here.
The police raided the place on the basis of information provided by two men who had stolen two of the silver bricks in December last year and were arrested.
- Mutt chief, 6 others held over 'hidden treasure' - Mar 24, 2011
- Orissa Police seize 18 tons of silver in Puri - Feb 27, 2011
- Orissa town celebrates return festival of deities - Jul 11, 2011
- Sea of pilgrims at Puri for annual chariot festival - Jul 03, 2011
- Jagannath Temple rituals hit after priest hurt in clash - Oct 05, 2010
- Puri Rath Yatra chariots reach destination - Jun 22, 2012
- Lakhs witness Rath Yatra in Puri (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Lakhs converge on Puri for Rath Yatra - Jun 21, 2012
- Lakhs witness deities' bathing ritual in Puri - Jun 15, 2011
- Lamp with five kg ghee burns for India's victory - Apr 02, 2011
- Security in place for Puri's Jagannath return festival - Jul 20, 2010
- Security tightened in Orissa ahead of Jagannath Yatra festival - Jul 12, 2010
- Devotees converge on Puri for Jagannath festival - Jun 29, 2012
- Lakhs converge in Puri for Jagannath return festival - Jul 21, 2010
- Special trains for Rath Yatra in Orissa - Jul 10, 2010