51 stolen luxury cars recovered, nine held in PunjabJuly 14th, 2011 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), July 14 (IANS) Fiftyone luxury cars were recovered and nine members of a gang of inter-state thieves arrested here in Punjab Thursday, police said.
“We have arrested nine accused and recovered 51 vehicle of different makes, with market value ranging from Rs.4 crore to Rs.7 lakh,” said state police chief Paramdeep Singh Gill while addressing reporters.
“The modus operandi of the gang was to steal vehicles and sell them by making fake registration certificates,” he added.
Police said that the gang was active in Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Karnataka.
“Two other members of this gang were earlier arrested by Delhi police. We have also recovered a printer, a laptop and a scanner from the possession of the gang members. We are expecting to recover more vehicles,” said a police official.
The recovered vehicles included makes like Mitsubishi Pajero, Ford Endeavour, Skoda Fabia, Toyota Innova, Maruti Swift Dzire, Honda City and Mahindra Bolero.
- Chandigarh police busts gang of high-end car lifters - Oct 07, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted in Punjab, 6 held - Nov 09, 2010
- Eight held for stealing vehicles in Punjab - Sep 09, 2010
- Inter-state gang of vehicle thieves busted, five held - Mar 06, 2010
- Three vehicle thieves arrested - Feb 10, 2011
- Police official among three nabbed for car lifting - Jan 02, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted, 4 held - Feb 06, 2011
- Inter-state gang of vehicle thieves busted, three held - Apr 05, 2011
- Inter-state gang of vehicle lifters busted, two held - Jul 11, 2010
- 10 luxury cars, 27 bikes recovered from vehicle thieves - Jun 16, 2011
- Four vehicle thieves held in Haryana - Aug 24, 2010
- Gang of auto thieves busted in Punjab, three held - Oct 23, 2010
- Gang of car thieves nabbed in Punjab - Dec 12, 2010
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Chandigarh catches fancy of vehicle thieves - Jan 25, 2010
Tags: crore, delhi police, fabia, ford endeavour, gang members, gujarat, honda city, inter state, lakh, luxury cars, mahindra bolero, maruti swift, mitsubishi pajero, mohali, police chief, police official, registration certificates, state police, thieves, toyota innova