50th convocation of IIT-Kanpur to be held SaturdayMay 30th, 2008 - 8:36 pm ICT by admin
Kanpur, May 30 (IANS) The 50th convocation of the Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur (IIT-K) would be held here Saturday. National University of Singapore president Shih Choon Fong will deliver the convocation address. Director of IIT-K Sanjay G. Dhande told reporters here Friday that this was for the first time in the history of the IITs that a mechanical scientist and the president of a foreign university would address the convocation.
He said degrees would be conferred upon 993 engineering graduates. The masters degrees would be awarded to 389 students, including 27 MBA, six masters of designing course, and 356 M Tech students in various branches of engineering. Besides, 101 students would be awarded doctorate degrees, Dhande said.
He said the President’s Gold Award for the best academic performance in the graduating class in all disciplines of B Tech and M Sc (5-year integrated course) degrees would be given to Anindya De of Computer Science and Engineering.
The Director’s Gold Medal would be given to Ankit Misra of Electrical Engineering. Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma Medal would go to Madhuresh Agarwal of Computer Science and Engineering and 23 students would be given general proficiency medals.
Dhande added that the institute would Saturday sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National University of Singapore. The MoU would be to promote scientific and academic cooperation, exchange of faculty and students for research and sharing scientific equipment of common interest.
- IIT student dies at psychiatric centre - Jul 08, 2010
- Eight IIM-B graduates awarded gold medals - Mar 30, 2012
- '21st century will be Asian century' - Jun 01, 2008
- Vice President Ansari calls for emphasis on education research - Aug 07, 2010
- IIT Kanpur student commits suicide - Sep 23, 2011
- IIT Kanpur girl commits suicide (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- IIT Kanpur, Singapore university sign pact - Jun 01, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to address IIT Kanpur's annual convocation - Jul 03, 2010
- India, France sign agreements in education sector - Dec 06, 2010
- Jamia Millia Islamia to have China and Afghan studies programmes - Nov 16, 2011
- PM confers honorary doctorate on Azim Premji - Aug 18, 2012
- IIT-Kanpur plans presence in Bangalore, US - Jun 19, 2010
- Students of three Indian institutes bag NASA award - Oct 14, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- What ails the IITs (Comment) - Oct 25, 2011