Noida double murder: second police officer shiftedMay 18th, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 18 (IANS) A second police officer was Sunday shifted in the wake of a gruesome double murder here, hours after he had said a sharp-edged surgical instrument was used to slit the throats of teenager Aarushi Talwar and her servant Hemraj and that both were killed at around the same time. Superintendent of Police (City) Mahesh Mishra was shifted out Sunday afternoon but his new posting was not immediately announced.
Earlier in the day, citing the autopsy report, Mishra had pointed to the murder weapon, even as he said there was no alcohol found in Hemraj.
Meanwhile, the station officer of Sector-20 police station of Noida has been shifted to the police lines. This follows the embarrassment the police faced after the servant’s body was found on the terrace of the Talwar home Saturday, a day after Aarushi’s body was discovered.
Hemraj was earlier suspected to be the teenager’s killer and police teams had fanned out to search for him.
Hemraj’s body was discovered by retired police officer K.K. Gautam when he asked the police to break the lock of the terrace door after noticing bloodstains on the stairs. The body was found in a partially decomposed state.
The Assistant Director General of Uttar Pradesh Police Brij Lal has announced that the state’s Special Task Force (STF) would probe the double murder. The Noida police was investigating the killings.
Aarushi, 15, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School, Noida, was found murdered in her bedroom at her L-32 Jal Vayu Vihar home in Sector-25 here Friday.
The teenager, the only daughter of a dentist couple, had eaten dinner with her family Thursday night and then retired to her room in the three-bedroom apartment.
At 6 a.m. Friday, her father Rajesh Talwar woke up to open the door to a part-time domestic help and peeped into Aarushi’s room. To his horror, he found his daughter lying dead in a pool of blood. Her throat was slit and there were stab wounds on her forehead, shoulder and chest.
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012