50,000 Palestinians attend UAE’s iftar programmeAugust 20th, 2012 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Aug 19 (IANS/WAM) Over 50,000 poor Palestinians participated in iftar programmes organised by the UAE’s Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Charity Foundation in the West Bank.
Thousands of Palestinian families gathered at iftar tents run by the foundation throughout the month of Ramadan.
People from refugee camps, rehabilitation and women empowerment centres also gathered in the courtyards of the Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of Rock where hot meals were served.
The mass iftar programme organised by the foundation also covered 20 refugee camps in the West Bank.
- UAE charity distributes food in Palestine - Aug 06, 2011
- 200,000 Palestinians helped by UAE group - Sep 14, 2010
- 150,000 people have iftar at UAE mosque - Aug 05, 2012
- UAE charity hands out food aid in Palestine - Aug 13, 2011
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
- UAE charity distributes Iftar meals in Gaza - Aug 17, 2010
- Clerics in UAE call for austere life - Aug 04, 2011
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE charity sends five tonnes of dates to India - Mar 31, 2012
- UAE sends humanitarian aid for Libyans - Apr 02, 2011
- UAE opens mobile hospital at Somali-Kenyan border - Oct 31, 2011
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE sends 500 tonnes food aid to Somalia - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: al aqsa mosque, charity foundation, courtyards, dome of rock, jerusalem, khalifa bin zayed, palestinian families, palestinians, ramadan, refugee camps, tents, uae, wam, west bank, zayed al nahyan