50 pro-Anna protesters detained outside PM’s houseAugust 25th, 2011 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) Responding to Anna Hazare’s call, dozens of his supporters gathered outside Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s residence here Thursday and 50 of them were detained, police said.
This is the second consecutive day when pro-Anna protesters gathered outside the prime minister’s house. Forty protesters were detained Wednesday.
“We have detained 50 protesters and sent them to Chanakyapuri police station,” a police official told IANS.
Hazare’s fast for stronger anti-graft bill continued for the 10th day Thursday.
Meanwhile, four Delhi Metro stations in the vicinity of the prime minister’s residence here were shut from 3 p.m. on the orders of the Delhi Police, an official said.
The stations are Udyog Bhawan, Race Course and Jor Bagh on the Huda City Centre-Jahangirpuri corridor and Khan Market station on the Central Secretariat-Badarpur stretch.
“They (police) have said the closure is due to security reasons,” the Metro official said.
- Khan Market Metro station opens, three others still shut (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Delhi Metro shuts four stations - Aug 25, 2011
- Metro stations near PM's home back to normal - Aug 26, 2011
- Three Metro stations shut for three hours - Aug 27, 2011
- Six metro stations to shut Sunday - Aug 24, 2012
- Kejriwal calls for protests against Congress, BJP - Aug 25, 2012
- Six Delhi Metro stations to stay open - Aug 26, 2012
- Anna supporters squat near PM's residence - Aug 21, 2011
- Will continue protest outside PM residence: Kejriwal (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Three Metro stations to close for two hours Wednesday - Jul 25, 2012
- Fifty detained outside Pawar's house, Team Anna denies role (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 200 Anna supporters detained outside Rahul Gandhi's house - Aug 26, 2011
- Anna supporters raise slogans outside PM's residence, held (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Metro services to be curtailed on R-Day - Jan 23, 2012
- Anna supporters protest outside PM's residence (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, central secretariat, delhi metro, delhi police, huda, jor bagh, khan market, manmohan, manmohan singh, metro stations, New Delhi, police official, police station, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, pro anna, protesters, secretariat, security reasons, vicinity