4.85 lakh students appear for IIT entrance examApril 10th, 2011 - 1:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) Around 4.85 lakh students appeared for the joint entrance examination of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT-JEE) Sunday for 9,600 seats in 15 premier institutions.
The exam will be held in two sessions - from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. - across 1,051 centres in 131 cities across the country, an official statement said. The results will be declared May 25.
For the first time, students will get to see scanned answer sheets online after the results are declared.
The number of students appearing this year is 30,000 more than last year’s figure, a rise of 6.5 percent. Model solutions of the paper will be put up May 15, according to the IIT-JEE website.
- IIT JEE results declared - May 25, 2011
- Hyderabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- IIT-JEE topper aspires to be a civil servant (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- IIT-JEE results out, Faridabad boy tops - May 18, 2012
- 500,000 students take IIT-JEE exam across India - Apr 08, 2012
- Faridabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- 24 of Bihar's Super 30 crack IIT-JEE this year - May 25, 2011
- Kapil Sibal skips IIT council meet - Jun 27, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012