40 students in hospital with food poisoning in ChennaiAugust 27th, 2008 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 27 (IANS) Forty students of Central Schools from Kerala, Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu who were in Chennai to participate in a science exhibition have been admitted to a hospital with symptoms of food poisoning.The incident took place Tuesday night and the students have been admitted to the General Hospital.
Preethi, 14, recovering from food poisoning said the organizers made the students do tiring manual work in unhygienic conditions, and served sub-standard food leading to their hospitalization.
“Students complained of giddiness and vomiting after taking their dinner,” Dr Valamarthi, a doctor at the General Hospital said.
“All of them are out of danger and would be shortly discharged,” he added.
About 320 students from Central Schools are camping at Triplicane to participate in the science exhibition.
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
- Over 100 students taken ill of food-poisoning - Sep 27, 2010
- 80 Tibetan students hospitalised - Sep 21, 2010
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- 42 kids hit by food poisoning in China - Jul 08, 2011
- 200 kids fall sick playing Holi in Mumbai - Mar 08, 2012
- 133 Symbiosis students fall ill after eating canteen food - Jan 20, 2010
- Holi horror: Chemical dye kills teen, sends 235 to hospital (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Around 200 children fall sick due to food poisoning in Allahabad - Feb 27, 2011
- Russian postal workers poisoned by toxic parcel - May 31, 2012
- Children among 200 ill after school meal - Dec 13, 2010
- Chinese students hospitalised after eating noodles - Dec 24, 2010
- 250 Afghan students believed poisoned - May 15, 2012
- 100 students suffer food poisoning on China campus - Apr 19, 2012