40 students fall ill in PakistanMarch 3rd, 2012 - 3:53 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 3 (IANS) As many as 40 students who were undergoing training to be nurses fell sick at a medical college in Rawalpindi, a media report said.
The 40 student nurses were taken to Benazir Bhutto Hospital (BBH) Friday after they suffered from suspected food poisoning, reported Dawn Saturday.
The students complained of stomach ache and high fever.
“A total 250 students live in the hostel. The condition of its kitchen is not ideal … mosquitoes, cockroach and rats are commonplace,” a student nurse was quoted as saying.
- 37 seminary students hospitalised in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 21, 2011
- Assam plans food supplement for high school girls - May 24, 2012
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- Children among 200 ill after school meal - Dec 13, 2010
- 2 die of food poisoning, 150 fall ill in Punjab (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- 70 students suffer from food poisoning in China - Jun 25, 2010
- Food leaves 34 Chinese students sick - Sep 21, 2011
- Pak judge hearing 26/11, Benazir murder case complains against his security withdrawal - Mar 27, 2011
- Child dies of food poisoning, 100 fall ill in Punjab - Apr 05, 2011
- Four fall sick after consuming wild mushrooms in Assam - Apr 27, 2012
- 28 kids fall ill after eating noodles in China - Mar 04, 2011
- Ex-Pakistan president Farooq Leghari dead - Oct 20, 2010
- 42 Chinese kids fall ill after having breakfast in school - May 22, 2010
- Key witness in Benazir Bhutto assassination probe leaves Pak without prior permission - Dec 28, 2010
- Food poisoning kills child, hospitalises 12 in Rajasthan - May 25, 2012