4 youngsters arrested for motor bike theftMarch 5th, 2011 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) The Delhi Police arrested four youngsters for motor bike thefts and burglaries in various parts of the city, police said Saturday.
Pankaj (24), Mithun (19) and a juvenile were held from West Punjabi Bagh area in west Delhi Friday for stealing motor bikes, while Ajay (24) was held from Madipur area, also in west Delhi, an official said.
With the arrest of Pankaj, Mithun and the juvenile, police claimed to have solved six cases of motor bike thefts and burglaries. Four bikes and jewellery worth Rs.3 lakh were recovered from them.
Police also recovered five stolen bikes from Ajay, the official said.
“They all belong to lower middle class families and all of them did the crimes to impress their girlfriends with their lifestyle,” added the officer.
- 13 held for vehicle thefts in Delhi - Jan 24, 2011
- Alert cops catch three auto-thieves - Jan 29, 2011
- Observation home caretaker among five held for auto-theft - Nov 08, 2011
- Two vehicle thieves held in Delhi - Mar 07, 2011
- 3 held for burglaries, Rs.15 lakh worth jewellery recovered - Apr 12, 2011
- Two burglar gangs busted, loot worth millions recovered - Nov 01, 2009
- Five held for burglaries - Mar 25, 2011
- Man, five minors held for stealing rickshaws - Mar 08, 2011
- Two automobile thieves held - Jan 29, 2011
- Vehicle thieves arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- Drug-addict siblings held for burglary - Jul 21, 2011
- Man held for vehicle thefts - Feb 23, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Youth turn to robbery to pay gambling losses - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: ajay, bike theft, bike thefts, burglaries, city police, crimes, delhi police, girlfriends, juvenile, lakh, middle class families, mithun, motor bike, motor bikes, New Delhi, pankaj, punjabi bagh, west delhi, worth rs, youngsters