36 arrested for leaking exam papers in BiharFebruary 17th, 2012 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 17 (IANS) Thirty-six people were arrested Friday for leaking the Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test (STET) question papers in Bihar, officials said.
The question papers for the STET entrance test were leaked in over half a dozen districts in the state.
Police have arrested 18 people in Nalanda, 14 in Jamui and four in Supaul districts in connection with leaking of the STET question papers.
After the news spread of leaking of the question papers, hundreds of students appearing at different examination centre staged protests and demanded cancellation of the exam.
However, the state authorities went ahead with the examination as scheduled.
The leak came to light when the local media got hold of a few question papers which were being sold for Rs.3,000 to Rs.4,000 per piece and brought the incident to the notice of officials Friday morning, police said.
According to Bihar School Examination Board, around 4.7 lakh candidates appeared for the STET paper.
Last week, question papers of the Navodaya Vidyalay entrance test for Class 6 were leaked in Munger district.
- Six arrested for leaking Class 10 paper - Feb 22, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued notice - May 05, 2011
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Inter state gang behind question paper leak: Police - May 02, 2011
- Chhattisgarh medical exam cancelled, 78 held for paper leak - Jun 19, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- High Court refuses to stay engineering exam results - May 18, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested - Jan 09, 2012
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Two doctors arrested in AIIMS exam leak racket (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak case: Another doctor arrested - Jul 17, 2012
- LIC entrance exam paper leaked, one held - Feb 27, 2011
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011