35 injured in Haryana as villagers clash with policeDecember 18th, 2008 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
Bhiwani (Haryana), Dec 18 (IANS) At least 35 people, including 15 policemen, were injured Thursday after villagers in this south-west Haryana district clashed with the police.Violence erupted at Khadak village in Bhiwani district, 300 km from Chandigarh, when the bodies of two youth from the village were recovered from an irrigation canal.
Angry villagers blocked the Bhiwani-Delhi highway and resorted to stone-pelting and violence against the police. They also damaged a State Roadways bus and set two police vehicles on fire.
Police officials said they had to resort to cane charge to control the mob.
Earlier, the police recovered the bodies of two youth, Shiv Kumar and Chhotu Ram, from the canal. Both were missing since Dec 14 when they went to attend a marriage function.
- Suicide, murder leave six dead in Haryana - Oct 31, 2010
- Haryana orders magisterial probe into Bhiwani firing - Dec 19, 2008
- Jats likely to intensify stir in Haryana - Mar 10, 2012
- Uneasy calm in Haryana's Hisar district - Mar 08, 2012
- Life affected as Jats continue blockades in Haryana (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Retired high court judge to probe Bhiwani firing - Dec 20, 2008
- Stone-pelting mob clashes with police in Baramulla - Apr 06, 2012
- Tension in Haryana village over death of Dalit youth - Oct 07, 2010
- Vehicles, ornaments, a body recovered from Bhakra canal - Apr 22, 2011
- 25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Jul 30, 2012
- 29 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Tension in Assam's Udalguri after youth's body found - Sep 06, 2012
- Bareilly violence kills one, curfew on - Jul 23, 2012
- Four killed, 47 injured in Kashmir Friday - Aug 13, 2010
- Two students killed, 10 missing as bus falls into canal - Feb 28, 2012