34 injured in floor collapseJune 26th, 2008 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 26 (IANS) Thirty four people attending a marriage ceremony were injured Thursday when a floor of a multi-storied house collapsed in Uttar Pradesh’s Kannauj district, the police said. “A majority of the people received multiple fractures in the accident. They were admitted to a hospital,” T.R. Sharma, a police officer, told IANS.
The accident took place during a marriage function being held in the house in Kannauj’s Gandhi Nagar locality, about 170 km from Lucknow.
It appears that the floor gave way under the combined weight of a large number of people gathered there, the police official said.
- Two killed in fireworks factory blast in UP - May 28, 2012
- Three of a family killed in house collapse - May 25, 2011
- Major fire on 10th floor of South Kolkata building (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Six injured in Uttar Pradesh building collapse - Dec 29, 2010
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Speeding tanker crushes four to death - Aug 10, 2011
- Metallica loving Dimple enters Lok Sabha in style - Jun 09, 2012
- Three die in Delhi building collapse - Aug 30, 2012
- Tree falls on train, one killed - Aug 15, 2011
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- Man hammers two minor daughters to death in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Four held with cache of firearms - Feb 03, 2011
- 12 injured as tree falls on moving train - Jul 12, 2011
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Blast in TV kills woman, injures parents - Oct 24, 2011