33 militants killed in northwest PakistanApril 29th, 2011 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 28 (IANS) At least 33 militants were killed Thursday by security forces and pro-government militia in the tribal areas of northwest Pakistan, media reports said.
Six militants were killed in a clash with pro-government tribes in the Kurram agency, one of the seven tribal regions bordering Afghanistan, Xinhua reported citing local media.
After the clash, security forces launched an offensive on the militants in Kurram agency and neighbouring Orakzai agency.
Helicopters bombarded militant hideouts that led to the death of at least 27 people.
Security forces have intensified operation in the tribal areas in the last two months, officials said.
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- 12 militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 28, 2012
- Five suspected militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 06, 2012
- 10 soldiers, 40 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Jan 31, 2012
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- At least 20 suspected militants killed in Pak tribal region - Dec 30, 2010
- 13 die in drone strike in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- 32 killed in clashes in north-west Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 20, 2010
- 15 killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Feb 17, 2012
- 21 militants killed in Pakistan - Mar 19, 2010
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 27, 2010
- 15 militants killed in Pakistan - Feb 23, 2012
- At least eight militants killed in Pak's Kurram Agency - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, clash, helicopters, hideouts, kurram agency, last two months, local media, militants, militia, northwest, pakistan islamabad, pakistan media, security forces, tribal areas, tribes, xinhua