3,000 people evacuated ahead of missile test in OrissaNovember 12th, 2008 - 10:52 am ICT by IANS
Balasore (Orissa), Nov 12 (IANS) Over 3,000 people living near a defence base in Orissa’s Balasore district were evacuated Wednesday ahead of a missile test in the area, an official said.”About 3,010 people from five villages within two kilometres of the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur were evacuated in the morning,” District Collector A.C. Padhiary said.
Scientists plan to carry out the the first test-firing from land of the submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) K-15 from the Chandipur defence base, about 230 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
The two-stage missile, which can carry a payload up to one tonne, has a range of 700 km. It had earlier undergone four tests from the underwater platform.
The K-15 missile has a length of around 11 metres, larger than the 8.5-metre-long Prithvi short-range ballistic missile but smaller than 15-metre-long Agni-1 ballistic missile.
- India test fires submarine-launched missile from land (Lead) - Nov 12, 2008
- India test-fires submarine missile from land (Second Lead) - Nov 12, 2008
- Scientists prepare to test submarine-launched missile from land - Nov 11, 2008
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi II missile - Jun 09, 2011
- India successfully test-fires n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- Agni-I missile test-fired off Orissa coast - Nov 25, 2010
- Prithvi-II missile fails to take off - Sep 24, 2010
- India successfully tests n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi-II missile (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- India successfully tests Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Prithvi-II ballistic missile successfully test-fired - Dec 22, 2010