3,000 kg of rotten pickle found in AgraJune 23rd, 2010 - 12:59 am ICT by IANS
Agra, June 22 (IANS) An illegal pickle factory’s owner was arrested Tuesday after the authorities found more than 3,000 kg of rotten pickles and 150 kg of spurious sauces stocked in the premises. The cache was immediately disposed of by the authorities, an official said.
A team led by Food Inspector Ram Naresh raided the factory of Mukesh Kushwah in the Taj Ganj area early Tuesday and arrested him.
The team was shocked to find contaminated lime, mango and chilli pickle and jams, while the tomato sauce was rotting and stinking.
The team confiscated 20 kg of soya sauce, 100 bottles of chilly sauce and 100 bottles of vegetable sauce being sold as ketchup. After taking samples, the city magistrate ordered dumping of more than 3,000 kg pickles and sauces.
Mukesh did not even have a licence for production, a Taj Ganj police station official said.
The owner had earlier been arrested in 1999 for similar offences under food adulteration laws.
- Fake sauce factory busted in Maharashtra - Nov 18, 2011
- Mango madness: Over 600 varieties at Delhi fest - Jul 08, 2012
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- New material can help extract ketchup easily - Nov 13, 2011
- Del Monte unveils food processing plant in India - Nov 02, 2010
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Spurious Scotch lands six in Goa jail - Oct 04, 2011
- Six workers die in a factory accident in Lucknow - Jul 08, 2010
- China chaat, pomfret roast rock Chittaranjan Park's food platter - Oct 04, 2011
- Spurious medicine racket busted, two held - Dec 29, 2011
- Beyonce snacks on bananas with ketchup - Sep 12, 2011
- Poori, peda and soul food at Mahakumbh - Jan 19, 2010
- Adulterated ghee factory busted in Orissa, four held - Jan 05, 2010
- Royal treat for mango lovers at Delhi fest - Jul 02, 2011
- England World Cup squad put on `Dr Death's' super carb diet - Jun 05, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,