30 Taliban militants killed in AfghanistanAugust 31st, 2008 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Aug 31 (Xinhua) At least 30 Taliban militants have been killed in clashes with security forces in the southern Afghan province the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) in the southern Afghan province of Helmand, the police said Sunday. Most of the clashes took place in the districts of Gereshk, Nawad and Nad Ali where the ANSF had been conducting operations since Friday to flush out the insurgents, provincial police chief Mohammad Hussein Andiwal told reporters.
Andiwal said the fire fight continued till early Sunday morning.
One security personnel was killed and four were injured during the operation, he said.
Taliban insurgents who staged a violent comeback three years ago have intensified their activities targeting Afghan and international troops over the past weeks.
Insurgency-related violence has claimed more than 3,000 lives, mostly militants, till date this year.
- Seven Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jan 09, 2012
- 13 insurgents killed, 8 held in Afghanistan - Dec 10, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Afghan, NATO forces kill 80 Taliban fighters (Lead) - Jul 04, 2010
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- 50 Taliban killed in NATO drone strike - Aug 18, 2012
- 10 militants killed in Afghanistan - Nov 20, 2011
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- 13 Taliban insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Nov 26, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
- 42 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jun 17, 2012
- Afghan police kill 17 Taliban militants - Jul 31, 2012
- 20 Afghan militants killed - May 28, 2012
- 40 Taliban militants killed - Aug 12, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012