30 pilgrims dead in Maharashtra bus accidentJune 16th, 2012 - 9:30 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) At least 30 people were killed and 14 others injured early Saturday when a private bus carrying pilgrims to Shirdi fell off a river bridge on the outskirts of Osmanabad town, around 450 km from Mumbai, police said.
The ill-fated bus, owned by Kaveshwari Travels, was on a journey from Hyderabad to the famous pilgrim centre of Shirdi in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra when the tragedy occurred around 2.30 a.m., Osmanabad Police said.
A majority of the injured are in serious condition and the casualty figure is expected to go up.
The injured have been rushed to hospitals in Osmanabad, Latur, Solapur and other neighbouring towns, and efforts are on to identify the dead.
- 30 pilgrims dead in Maharashtra bus accident (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Toll rise to 32 in Maharashtra bus accident (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Anxious wait for families of Shirdi pilgrims in Hyderabad - Jun 16, 2012
- Four killed as ambulance crashes into bus (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Bodies of Shridi pilgrims being shifted to Hyderabad (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Ambulance rams into bus, four killed - Feb 02, 2012
- Quake rattles Maharashtra - Sep 19, 2011
- Seven Gujarat pilgrims killed in Punjab accident - Nov 06, 2011
- Official attacked by sand mafia in Maharashtra - May 04, 2012
- Shutdown in Shirdi, villagers go on hunger strike - Apr 20, 2011
- Nine die in Maharashtra accident - Jun 19, 2012
- Three drown, one missing in Maharashtra - Dec 05, 2010
- Hazare to start Maharashtra tour for Lokayukta bill - Apr 30, 2012
- Lakhs worship at Pandharpur Vithoba temple - Jun 30, 2012
- Bodies of Andhra accident victims given to relatives - Jun 17, 2012