3 security personnel injured in Jharkhand landmine blastJune 10th, 2009 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 10 (IANS) Three security personnel were injured in a landmine blast in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum district Wednesday, police said.
The blast was triggered by Maoist guerrillas around 8.30 a.m. near Tithir village of West Singhbhum, about 200 km from here.
“The security personnel were on Long Range Patrolling when Maoist rebels ambushed the jeep in which they were travelling. After the landmine blast, a gun battle between the security personnel and the rebels took place. Three security personnel were injured,” a police officer said.
The officer said additional forces were rushed to assist in the gun battle.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state. Nearly 1,500 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the last eight years.
- 11 cops die in Jharkhand landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Three Jharkhand policemen wounded in landmine blast - Jun 13, 2009
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Jharkhand - Dec 24, 2010
- 11 security men killed, 30 injured in Jharkhand ambush - May 03, 2011
- Eleven policemen killed in Jharkhand landmine blast - Jun 10, 2009
- Four cops, six Maoists killed in Jharkhand - Sep 26, 2010
- One killed in Jharkhand landmine blast - May 19, 2009
- 13 Jharkhand policemen killed in Maoist ambush - Jan 21, 2012
- Seven Maoists arrested, landmine recovered - Mar 03, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers injured in gun fight - Dec 20, 2010
- Ten Maoists killed in Jharkhand - Sep 27, 2010
- Policeman killed in Maoist attack - Dec 19, 2009
- Two CRPF men killed, 5 injured in Maoist ambush - Jul 23, 2012
- Maoists may undertake major offensive in Jharkhand: Police - Feb 12, 2012
- 67 percent polling, CRPF trooper killed in Jharkhand (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010