‘3 Idiots’ team praises Aamir’s show (Movie Snippets)May 10th, 2012 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 10 (IANS) Director of “3 Idiots” Rajkumar Hirani and producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra have given the thumbs up to Aamir Khan’s first television show “Satyamev Jayate” that aims at bringing social reform in the country.
Hirani feels the show could be a trendsetter.
“The show might change the face of television. This is not a fiction programme, it’s a documentary. More programmes like these should come,” said Hirani on the sidelines of an event here.
In the first episode of “Satyamev Jayate”, which was telecast Sunday, Aamir chose to discuss the issues around female foeticide.
Like several viewers across the nation, Chopra also loved the programme.
“I really liked the show. I even went to Aamir’s house and praised him. We see rubbish and think this is what works … So many people watched the show that their (the show website’s) server crashed,” said Chopra, who is all for quality content on TV.
“If you do good work, people will see for sure,” he added.
Pravesh Rana tries hand at choreography
After modelling and anchoring, it seems Pravesh Rana is in the mood to turn choreographer.
At least it seems so, given Pravesh’s inclination towards dance on the sets of Bindass’ “Live Out Loud”, which he is currently hosting.
The show uses the caliber of a Bindass Dance Squad to help an individual communicate with his or her loved one, and Pravesh was seen bonding quite well with Uma and Gaiti, the choreographers of the squad.
The choreographers, who have earlier directed dance sequences for Ranbir Kapoor-starrer “Rockstar”, were surprised to see Pravesh trying his hand at instructing the dance squad and suggesting innovative and creative dance steps.
Asin learns to waltz!
Actress Asin Thottumkal, a trained Bharatnatyam dancer, especially learnt waltz for an advertisement shoot.
A sequence in the ad of a soap brand endorsed by Asin required her to perform the ballroom dance of the style ‘Viennese waltz’ and she picked up the steps in a short while.
Asin, who was shooting in Wai for “Bol Bachchan” at the same time, had to juggle between both these professional commitments.
After the film shooting when everyone would call it a day, Asin would learn waltz during the nights.
According to a source close to Asin, the actress is mesmerised by this western dance form and is planning to pursue it further as and when she wraps up the shooting of her movies.
- 'Satyamev Jayate' official site crashes - May 06, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- 'Satayamev Jayate' has made life tough for me: Kiran Rao - Apr 24, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- Aamir's special treat for sister's 50th birthday - Jul 27, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' in copyright trouble with Euphoria - May 07, 2012
- Parliamentary panel invites Aamir for inputs on medical issues - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' first episode marks 90 mn viewership - May 16, 2012
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Kainaz wants to take Aamir for a drive (With Image) - Jun 27, 2012
- Why should Aamir apologise, asks Javed Akhtar - Jun 03, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' season 2 in pipeline - Jul 01, 2012
- Concept of marriage has changed for better: Aamir Khan - Jul 01, 2012
- 'Satyamev...' promos give insight into Aamir's creative process: Imran - Apr 10, 2012
- Aamir scared of showing 'Satyamev Jayate' to friends - May 02, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, actress asin, asin thottumkal, ballroom dance, choreographer, choreographers, choreography, creative dance, dance sequences, dance squad, dance steps, female foeticide, first television, hirani, quality content, rana, ranbir kapoor, trendsetter, viennese waltz, vinod chopra