3 bringing hashish from Nepal arrestedJune 12th, 2009 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 12 (IANS) Three men, involved in bringing contraband drugs from Nepal and supplying them in various parts of India were arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Sultanpur district with hashish worth Rs.25 crore, police said Friday.
“The three, who were nabbed late Thursday, said they were to hand over the consignment to their clients in Haryana and Bihar,” district police chief R.K. Chaturvedi told reporters in Sultanpur, some 150 km from Lucknow.
In their interrogation, the three have confessed to being part of a racket that operates from Nepal and supplies drugs illegally in different parts of the country, Chaturvedi added.
The three arrested are all residents of Uttar Pradesh, and were part of the drug racket since the last two years, police said.
- Three drug peddlers nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 27, 2010
- Hashish from Nepal seized, 3 arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2009
- Three arrested with drugs worth Rs.1 crore - Feb 07, 2011
- Three Nepali women held with cannabis - Sep 13, 2011
- Two held with opium worth Rs.7 crore - Jul 27, 2010
- Six drug peddlers arrested - Mar 29, 2011
- Two Nepali drug peddlers held in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 23, 2010
- Three drug peddlers held with Rs.1 crore smack - Jan 12, 2011
- Drug peddlers arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 02, 2010
- College students among six held with Rs.1 crore heroin - Feb 28, 2011
- Two women held with cannabis worth Rs.3 crore - Feb 24, 2011
- Drug peddler held with Rs.20 lakh cannabis - Jan 06, 2011
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.50 lakh worth heroin - Jan 21, 2011
- Three arrested with heroin worth Rs.12 crore - Apr 06, 2010
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011